How I fixed "Redirect error” problem for my Blogger Blog in Google Search Console

For the past couple of months I have had a "Redirect Error" problem for my Blogger blog in Google Search Console, a problem that seemed unsolvable as I had tried everything I knew and found online about this problem but nothing seemed to work.

The problem was even more annoying because I didn't have any custom redirects on my site whatsoever.

How I found the solution? I looked more profound at the "URL Inspection" page and discovered that the "Page fetch" did not worked because the Google crawler was not the correct crawler for the Blogger URL structure.

What do I mean? Blogger by default has a URL for desktop (the rel=canonical) and a URL for mobile (it's the same URL + ?m=1), also the curent Google Search Console has two crawlers one for desktop and one for smartphones, but the main crawler they use nowadays is the crawler for smartphone.

So, the problem was that Google tried to crawl the Blogger URL for desktop with the smartphone crawler.

The only solution I could come up with, is to inspect the mobile URL and to request indexing for the mobile version, thinking that if the mobile version will be crawled than the desktop version will also be indexed since it is the rel=canonical ; and, Yes it worked, now my pages are visible on Google search and the indexing problem is gone.

If you are going to try my solution, please be patient and give it at least 24 hours to see results.

Hope you found this article helpful, and if you have the same problem my solution will also work for you as it did for me. Have a nice day!